Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's a bird! It's a plane!

Continuing on the move-watching theme, I spent more of my time wasted watching some superhero movies. It's more the type of movies I like to watch, the action-y stuff. I had also just watched Snow White and the Huntsman, so I decided to go to another Chris Hemsworth movie, Thor. No, it totally wasn't because of his looks.

Anyway. The movie. It was fairly decent. I wasn't overly impressed by it, but I wasn't disappointed, I suppose. 

It starts out giving background information on the galaxy and our hero Thor and his friends and family. Then Thor gets sent to earth, and all hell breaks loose. And of course only our dear Thor can fix everything. That's essentially it. Oh and there's a girl. There's always a girl. 

Not bad, anyway. It kinda just seemed like they were trying to get a Thor movie out, so that they could include him in The Avengers and not have the general population confused about who he was and where he came from. That's not a bad thing, but the plot was incredibly generic and monotonous

So then from there, I moved on to the one of the other hero movies I should've seen a while ago. Iron Man 2. I had seen the first pretty near to when it came out. And it was good! So why not see the other one, right?

Iron Man 2 started out with Tony Stark, (AKA Iron Man for all those who don't remember characters' names or something,) essentially regressing back to how he was at the beginning of the first movie. And obviously there's a bad guy and Iron Man has to win and stuff. The usual. However, since Iron Man itself differs from the generic hero movie, it's different at the same time as being completely carbon copy. 

It bugged me though how the main character seemed to completely forget the personality change that happened in the previous movie. Stark returned to his hugely egoistic self, not caring for anyone but himself. And while at the end of the first movie he was still an extreme elitist, he still had "learned compassion for other people" or some crap like that. But it all seemed to disappear at the start of Iron Man 2. But it was an alright movie.

So, I guess superhero movies aren't really more than I expected. That might not bring the quality down, especially if they have an attractive star, but it's always nice to have a plot that I can't guess ten minutes into the movie. But we can't be too demanding, now can we?  

No comments:

Post a Comment