Sunday, January 20, 2013

I hate people who hate people

Get it, I was being hypocritical there? (kind of)

       (hippocritical^)
 
 But seriously. I'm not sure how well you'll be able to connect to this, but here I go.

I am a hypocrite. I cannot stand liars. I can deal with a lot. I'll deal with cheating, being rude, clubbing baby seals, whatever. But if you lie about something, that will just piss me off to no end. 

I don't really know why. You'd think that other stuff should bug me more. But it doesn't, (okay except the clubbing baby seals part.) I'll be more hurt by you being dishonest than if you just tell me the truth that will hurt me for sure. It's especially bad if I hear the truth from someone besides the one who lied to me. I suppose that's true for most people but in my world, that would be on par with treason. Especially if we're close friends. I'll tell you the truth and I'll expect the truth back. 

But here's where I turn hypocritical. I say I'll tell you the truth, right? But I have trouble with that. Especially with my parents, unfortunately. It's not that I don't want to tell them. It's just that so often, if I tell them the truth, they'll either ridicule me or restrict my privileges, whether their actions are justified or not. And as a young, rebellious teenager, I don't like that one bit. I want my freedom, and I want it in whole. But that doesn't justify my actions one bit. I still say I hate liars, despite being one myself. 

I don't like it. I'm sure no one does. But I will bet that a majority of people are like this. We hate what we are when we see it in other people. I'm sure there's some sort of fancy-dancy psychological reasoning behind it. But it is what it is. It's so hard to learn to forgive others for their actions, despite knowing that we are exactly like them. We may try to excuse ourselves, saying our actions or modivations to do the hated action were justified, it was the only logical response. I'm sure that's some sort of logical fallacy. But I would also bet that it's human nature to act that way. 

So if you're in the same position as me, don't just sit around. Do something to change it. Because while it might be natural to act one way, it's not unnatural to change your way of thinking or your actions. Don't lose hope, little buddy. Fight on, fight on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment