Sunday, January 13, 2013

Our house, in the middle of our street

A lot of responsibility comes with growing up. You have to buy your own food, pay your own bills, wash your own laundry, and *GASP* get a job. As kids, we often look forward to being a grown-up, as we believe it will give us more freedom. And it does give us more freedom, in a way. The thing is, when we're kids, we have time and energy, but no freedom. When seniors, we have time and freedom, but no energy. And when adults, we have energy and freedom, but no time. It's quite the dilemma.

And I'm trying to not rush into adulthood. But I've been contemplating taking on one huge part of growing up. That is to buy a house.

I know, it kind of sounds ridiculous. But hey, it's the American dream. And it's largely achievable. 

I've got it all figured. I'll need to find another job, which is okay, I waste a lot of my time as it is anyway. Once I get that, I can cover all the needed expenses: utilities, taxes, insurance, and of course the mortgage payments. 

Sure, the house is nowhere near perfect. It needs a little tlc. But I'm okay with that. It's  just another aspect I'm excited for. To get my hands dirty, do some real work, build some muscle by working hard; I'd love to do that. I could get good experience at fixing stuff, along with the budget balancing I'm going to have to do.

So while it's not looking likely, I'm still really looking forward to this. The house I found is out in the country, which is one of my life goals. I've always loved the country, as my grandparents used to own a farm and live out there by it. I loved going there, with it's quiet and dark nights. In the cities, we have so much light and noise pollution. But in the country, you can hear the world and see the stars. I just love it. So I'll keep optimistic and cross my fingers, hoping to cross this thing off my bucket list.   

No comments:

Post a Comment