Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wherever I may roam

If I had one wish, I sometimes think it would be an infinite amount of money. Not to build a big house, buy lots of cars, and just be rich in general. I would use it to see the world. 

But I would do it differently. I wouldn't just fly from airport to airport, staying in hotels. I would actually live all around the world

I would probably start in the United States. I'd pick some small town, buy a little house in the countryside, and live there for a while. But I'd get bored eventually. 

Then I'd just pick myself up and leave. Because I'd be able to do that, with all the money I had. I would probably just take a map, pin it up on the wall, and throw a dart. Wherever I hit (provided that it was not open sea) I would live, until I got bored again. 

I could live a variety of lifestyles too. In India, I could live in crowded New Delhi, in the open fields of the Scottish moor, or in a little mountain town in the Alps. 

Essentially, the world would be my oyster.

And I would rock it. 
I could do anything I wanted to. Skydiving? Yep. Deep sea diving? Of course. Trek across Antarctica? Why not. Almost nothing would be impossible. 

It's what we all dream of. The freedom to do what we want, when we want to. It's why we keep living. We hope for the day when we'll reach that perfect happiness, where we reach the point when we're completely satisfied. It really is unattainable, but we just keep striving for it because that's how we're wired. We're designed to keep hoping for that better day, when we won't worry anymore or be anxious about what's to come. 

We just keep striving for it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment