Sunday, October 21, 2012

Seven places I want to go/live before I die

We all have places where we wish we could go or live. 
  
Where to go

1.  Wales- As in the part of Great Britain. Right next to England. I'm not quite sure why, but I'd really like to visit there. It might be their amazing castles or sloping pastures. I think the first time I heard about Wales was in a book I read, titled Saffy's Angel. I don't hardly remember what the book was about but at some point in the storyline, the characters went to Wales. Since then, I've wanted to go to there.  




2.  Sweden-  Despite never being able to spell it right (Sweeden?) I want to go there before I die. I don't know much about the country besides that they have delicious fish, but I feel as if it would be an enriching experience.





3.  India- One of my good friends recently visited India. Seeing her pictures of the people, the culture, and the places, I decided India was a country I wanted to travel to. There would be so many new adventures, smells, tastes, and people to meet. Unlike the previous places mentioned, India would be a different experience, as Europe tends to be closer culturally to the United States. I feel this foreign land would be exciting to visit.








 4.  Russia- Despite the cold weather and the raging alcohol/drug problems (though I understand that is a wide generalization) in Russia, I still feel it would be a beneficial place to visit. With its amazing architecture and culture, I believe there would be new experiences around every corner. 






Places to live

1.  Canada- Not just anywhere in Canada though. It would have to be northern Canada, where not many people live and where the woods would be all around me. The goal to moving there would be for isolation, a time of solitude. To have a small cabin in the woods with a fireplace and plenty of books to read would just be perfect.









 2.  NetherlandsLet's be honest. Who wouldn't want to live in such a beautiful country? With their long history of growing tulips, there is sure to be a scenic view within a few minutes' drive. And the windmills. Those are amazing. The whole experience would be wonderful. 






 3.  Australia- Another beautiful place to live would be Australia. This country has pretty much everything. Wildlife, coral reefs, expanse deserts, all on one convenient land mass, just for your enjoyment! Living here would allow me to expose myself to so many opportunities. The only thing I would not enjoy would be the fact that pretty much every animal living there can kill you. Especially the spiders. I hate spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment