Sunday, April 28, 2013

“My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes.”

This past week, whilst avoiding homework and impending AP exams, I decided that it was high time I watched Anne of Green Gables. I actually haven't ever read the book (I am doing that now) but I decided the movie was worth the watch. 

And it was.

But oh. My. Goodness.

Let me first say, I'm not a crier. I don't like crying, I don't cry if I can help it. 

But this movie. Man. I CRIED. Almost the whole time. 

It was just really sad. All the time. 

Anne was such a sweet girl. I wanted the best for her. You saw her almost obtain happiness, and then something would tear that away from her. 

STOP.

JUST LET HER BE HAPPY.

But alas, the poor orphan girl could not easily obtain happiness.

I mean, she did. Eventually. I think. I sure hope the book concludes better than the movie did. Dang cliffhangers. 

But yeah. 

The movie is about a poor orphan girl, Anne, and she is just a chatty little Cathy. She's a brilliant girl, but just as Don Quixote, she was an idealist. And people thought that was weird. But then a mix-up happened and Anne was adopted by an elderly brother and sister. They almost didn't keep her, but in the end decided to. The movie is essentially about her growing up with them. 

It's incredibly sweet and there are a lot of good morals in it as well. 

Also, so far, it goes along almost exactly with the book. However, that does make the movie a little over three hours I believe. 

Nonetheless. I thought it was a wonderful watch, and I would recommend it. I mean, who doesn't love hearing an eleven year old say things like "a perfect graveyard of buried hopes."  

No comments:

Post a Comment