Thursday, April 4, 2013

Omnivores have more fun


Humans need protein. It's a fact of life. Meat is protein. Animals are meat. More facts of life.

So I've never really gotten what vegetarians are all about. What's wrong with eating animals and meat? It's simply supplying one of our basic needs.

Sure, you're allowed to do whatever you want. I don't really care. But it's the vegetarians and vegans who are critical of us omnivores that bug me.

Firstly, it's none of your business. I'll eat meat if I want to, thank you very much. I'm not a spawn of Satan just because I eat the cooked muscles of animals. 

I also always wonder what vegetarians are trying to prove. It's not like the meat production industry is going to mourn the loss of a customer. There are plenty of meat eaters out there. One less vegetarian is not going to make them produce less. Sure if 10 million people all became vegetarians, then yeah, it'd have an impact. But what impact are they trying to make?

That meat is bad for you? It's not.  "I don't want to put things in my body that harm me, such as animal proteins..." How exactly are animal proteins bad for you? Your body just breaks them down into useful things for you.

That the treatment of animals is cruel? "I went vegan on March 11 2013 because I was watching videos of how they treat and slaughter animals and I just cried cause it wasn't right so I'm going vegan. It was kinda hard to find breakfast but I ate a real fruit fruit snack." Dude, they're going to be killed and eaten anyway. And don't use the word slaughter. It's just another way to say killed. You want to eat live meat? 

"I was a vegetarian after reading John Robbins 'may all be fed.' Food fed to animals causes starvation as soy, grains fed to animals so steak is available instead of feeding the starving billions." Okay, what? Yes, let's just ship grains over to Africa for free because that's how the world works you can just give tons of grain away and money who needs that no problem let's just burn it all lol. No. Yes, the situation with those who are starving is bad, but we can't simply take grain from the industry and ship it away. The government is the one who handles aid to foreign nations. They would have to buy the grain from the industry and then ship it away. And let's be honest, our government needs all the money it can get. At least that's what they think. 

Some people even become vegetarians to lose weight. That's just being lazy now. Cut out sugars and carbs, not meats. Seriously. Do you even know how your body works?  

"Animals are friends; they are NOT MEANT to be eaten." Haha what. What have these animals ever done for me? And if they aren't meant to be eaten, what are we supposed to do? Oh, you'll raise them as pets. Right. Do you have any idea how much it costs to raise a cow? And you're just going to have it grow old and die with you? Right-o. You do just that. 

If you are a vegetarian, no disrespect. Just don't preach at me why eating meat is bad. You'll make your choices and I'll make mine. Sounds good. Now get down off your high horse, the UK needs it.  


Quotes from vegetarian.about.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment