Sunday, April 28, 2013

Why do you do this to me

It's that time of year. When students' attention spans are worse than they have ever been. When teachers are for some reason still teaching new material even though students just want review. When an open window is simply tempting with what we can't have. 

Summer is just around the corner. We have a little over a month left of school, and roughly  a week or two until AP exams. 

That means STRESSSTRESSSTRESS.

I'm sure teachers don't enjoy this time of year either, but seeing as that I am a student, you get to see it from my point of view.

One of the big dilemmas is when a student takes both AP and regular classes. While (most) AP classes are into review at this point of the year, regular classes are still learning new material and assigning regular homework assignments. I don't think teachers understand how much time and effort is needed to complete all homework and to try to review all material learned in a class. Seriously. First term? Did that even happen? 'Cuz I don't remember at all. 

Another reason school sucks now is because it's getting nice outside. Really nice. Not just mid fifties, I mean "sun is shining birds are singing, sky is a perfect blue with fluffy clouds" type of nice. And those few classes one might have with a window are just torturous. You can see the wonderful day outside, but you can't feel it. All you can feel is the freezing cold air pumped out by the supposedly better "geothermal cooling/heating." Honestly. It doesn't work.

Also, AP classes just in general suck this month. Some teachers have finals that week, which means that students are expected to be reviewing all material learned in the class while also learning the last few chapters of new material. That, I promise you, is damn near impossible. Especially if one is involved in sports, has a job, or is a part of any extracurricular activity.

I just want to say this too. No offense to any teachers. I promise. I'm just saying what I see. Teachers seem to be more "crabby" this time of year. I mean, it's understandable. But it does affect the students as well. If you're teacher's pissed off and short tempered and yelling/loudly talking a lot, it tends to put you in a bad mood as well. Honestly, the best thing we can all do then is try to understand. We all have a lot of pressure and stress, so we need to be tolerant and compassionate to others. Especially since you don't know what else is going on in their life at the moment. Then again, we could all apply that to our lives all the time.

As I sit here, stressing from the impending doom of AP exams in two weeks and my AP biology final starting Tuesday, I hope that we all can just chill out a bit. Life sucks. Get over it. Get past it. STUDY YOU LAZY TWAT. Well that's mostly for me. But yeah. You don't ever want to regret what you could have done better. There are no re-dos in life, so do your best always. If you're not going to do a job right, then what's the point? 

(This has been a personal pep talk by Our Lady of Self Discipline) 

No comments:

Post a Comment